Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sure feels like spring here in Arizona, it's 80 degrees, and the birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and my Kristen and her friend Vanessa are in the hot tub- it is Spring Break! She sure could use a break from all the homework she has had, but unfortunately, she will have to do some at the end of break. Right now the vacation is the thing, with tropical drinks with umbrellas, they are in heaven, those 2 beautiful girls, relaxing and sharing "girl talk".
I just saw a butterfly land on one of my hollyhocks, which are growing more humongous every day- the leaves, that is. They look like Jack could climb right up them as his beanstalk, because the flower stalks have just begun to push out of the middle, too. I know that it will be awhile before they bloom, though, as I took pictures of the deep burgundy ruffled ones last year, and it was into April before they bloomed. These mostly are single, multicolor ones, I believe, my friend Kristin gave me a HUGE bag of seeds from her mom's garden last year. It is fun knowing that they are from a friend, not all impersonal, from a seed packet, you know? I have several beds around the yard where they are planted. I even dropped a few right under my big kitchen picture window, and they have grown just as big there, in the unimproved soil, as the others in the beds. It is great to see them right under the window!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gingerbread snowflakes

Gingerbread snowflakes
Soon at SeasonsOfJoy.Etsy.com

Cookie baking

Cookie baking
Spritz Cookies- fun to make, not too tasty, though!

Lemon-Oat Squares

Lemon-Oat Squares
MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!