Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wow, was it ever a "run around" day for me! I woke up earlier than usual, at 4:30, and it has been run, run, run, ever since! You know how those days are? My kiddos are growing so fast, so we had to go find some new jeans and shorts for both of them. Luckily we were successful at Kohl's, our first stop! But it still was multiple trips back and forth to the fitting room, you know how hard it is to find jeans for women, and Kristen is 13, with half a woman's body and half a girl's. She also is blessed (ha-ha) with my side of the family's pear figure, which is not like so many of her stick-figure girlfriends, so that adds another challenge. Luckily, I can take in the waist, which is usually too big (since we have to fit the hips), and then I can shorten them, too. My mom gave me her wonderful "New Home" brand sewing machine several years ago, after I borrowed it more often than she used it! It's not all full of fancy features, it is nice and simple to use, and I am not one to use the embroidery stitches it does offer, anyway.

We grabbed a very late lunch before her date for a birthday party, at the mall. I did go back all the way home, then, after her friend (who is our neighbor) called to say she had no way to get to the party, asking if we could take her. So, I dropped off Austin, and ran the girls back to the mall. Then I ran to the end of a jewelry party I had RSVP'd "yes" to (I want to support my friend in her new business), and then to Home Depot to get a replacement undercabinet light , only to find out they no longer carry the ones we have in the right size! Then to the grocery to get my hubby more ingredients, as he said he wanted to make dinner tonight- homemade spaghetti sauce. I ran that home, then it was time to go get the girls from the party! I just wanted to come home and be in peace and quiet, and lie on the bed for just a few minutes of peace,.......

When my husband cooks, he loves to jam to 70's and 80's music, which is usually fine, but no peace and quiet for me, as our bedroom is right next to the kitchen/family room. I still laid down, and when I looked up, I saw how incredibly dusty the ceiling fan blades are! Ug! Not relaxing! Oh, well, so it goes, another sign of my "job security", a job for Monday,....or maybe Tuesday,...
I am finding that this is relaxing, to blog my thoughts, and having tried many times to journal, by handwriting, I found that I only wrote in those after the holidays! This is much easier, and my hand does not get tired.

Ooops! My husband just created a mini-flood in the kitchen- he was filling the pot for the pasta water, and went to do another thing,..... and the pot was on the counter, and it overflowed all over the floor! No worries! I grabbed a couple fo our big old rag towels, he mopped it up, and then I asked him to just use his feet to shimmy it all over the kitchen floor- now my kitchen floor is mopped, and NOT by me!

Okay, time for a nice, homemade dinner, and a movie, perhaps, and now that my daughter is well (after her cold Monday-Wednesday) she can do the last night of her dish week, when I have done all the prior ones! Let's hope so, anyway!

Oh, and my friend who has the new jewelry business, she has an Etsy shop- go check it out:
DeCorazondesigns.Etsy.com
She sold a lot at her show today, so she will be adding more soon, she only has maybe 6 things in her Etsy shop presently. Alma is a very sweet and creative person!

And, since people have been asking, I am starting my Etsy shop with my handmade snowflakes, and I will be adding other things, too! I hope to be set up in the next 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gingerbread snowflakes

Gingerbread snowflakes
Soon at SeasonsOfJoy.Etsy.com

Cookie baking

Cookie baking
Spritz Cookies- fun to make, not too tasty, though!

Lemon-Oat Squares

Lemon-Oat Squares
MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!